But in the time of the Torah it was not understood the same way. It seemed to be a punishment from God. According to Maimonides, a great rabbi and philosopher (and doctor, by the way) who lived in the 12th century, this disease (tzara'at in Hebrew) was caused by gossip - talking about other people.
- What if gossiping made someone break out in a rash?
- In your opinion, is there a difference between gossiping and bullying? Explain your answer.
- According to Jewish thinking, three people are harmed by gossip - the one who is telling, the one who is listening, and the one being talked about. Do you agree that all the people involved are hurt? Why?
- What happens when people post mean things about other people on the internet?
- What do you think you SHOULD do to help stop bullies who use words to hurt others?
- What do you think you CAN do?
- What WILL you do?
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Be sure to share your answers by commenting on this blog