They were lucky enough to thrive in this new country - their numbers increased and the wealth also. In fact, after some 400 years they were so numerous and powerful that the Par'o at the time began to get nervous. He began to see them as a threat.
- Why do you think he felt that way?
When a new family moves into a community, what usually happens? Does it matter who the new people are? Who the established residents are?
- Were you ever the 'new kid' in a school?
- What was it like?
- Were there a lot of other Jewish kids in the school?
- Did that make any difference to you?
- How do you act when a 'new kid' moves in to your neighborhood? Why?