Why do you think they all stayed in the same neighborhood and didn't move in with the rest of the Egyptians who lived in other places in the country?
- When you, or your parents, or your grandparents, or your great-grandparents came to live in the United States, did they expect to stay forever or did they plan to return to their country of birth?
- Why did they come to the United States?
- Once here, did they stay separate from other groups of people?
- Did they continue to speak the language of their former country, or did they immediately begin to speak English?
- Did they think of themselves as "Jews", as "Americans", or did they have some other identity?
- How is the story of the family of Yaakov in Egypt the same as the story of your family in the United States? How is it different?